Via de Tornabuoni - Firenze (IT)
Apple/Sice Previt Spa
Foster & Partners
YEAR & AREA OF COMPETENCE:
2016 - 2017 | CIVIL - COMMERCIAL
AIM OF THE PROJECT:
The new Apple Store will be located, in the historical center of Milano next to the Duomo, in the exhisting area once hosting the multiplex cinema Apollo involving also Piazza del Liberty with a substantial city planning modification.
The renewal, preserving the existing foundation of the theater, will take place starting from the square down to the three levels below.
The square existing slab will be partially demolished and substitute by large steps that will create an amphitheater for external event and also one of the access to the store.
Next to Via San Paolo a glass parallelepiped structure will host other two entrances and, towards the square, a waterfall screen and a fountain.
Executive Design of all the structural works related to the “Shell & Core”. .
Among the main structural intervention:
• the new steps- amphitheater that leads to the first underground level (entrance to the store) and foresees the partial (650 sq. m.) demolition of the square and the cut of the existing prestressed beams;
• the new still structure, at ground level, supporting the glass parallelepiped and a fountain;
• the first underground slab ment to host the entrance to the store (on the West side: still profiles and composite still-concrete slab) and to the storage area ( on the East side: still profiles and corrugated metal sheets);
• the supporting structure for the existing square beams on the sides of the steps (North-South vehicle accessible areas);
• strengthening of the existing supporting beams of the square on the East and West sides;
• the new slab for the second underground level (B2 – r.c plate with stiffening beams);
• la realizzazione di nuove pareti in c.a. in direzione Est-Ovest e Nord –Sud a sostegno dei nuovi impalcati.
• La trasformazione degli spazi richiede una serie di opere strutturali che collocano l’intervento complessivo nella categoria di Adeguamento, così come definito al punto d) del par. 8.4.1 del D.M. 14.01.2008.
The structure of the building has been completely redone, creating the new floors and columns within the existing steel building (“box in the box”). The demolitions of existing floors and central pillar occurred after completing the new structure. The architectural project has also featured the demolition of the r.c. existing stair and of the lift and the construction, in a different location, of both the lift and the new steel staircase. The project included the partial remaking of the roof and of the façade on Old Bond Street.