Via Ferrante Aporti – Milano (IT)
SURFACE OF THE PROJECT :
43.390 Sq. m
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN :
Antonio Citterio & Partners
YEAR & AREA OF COMPETENCE :
2007 | CIVIL ENGINEERING – COMMERCIAL
AIM OF THE PROJECT :
Building requalification of the Ferrante Aporti complex. Realization of new volumes inside the original building and recovery of the attics in the overhead parts of the construction.
BY SCL :
Executive Design and Works Management of structural works.
Remarkable works involved:
• general strengthening of foundations and elevated r.c. structures;
• study of new static schemes and systematic integration of existing RC structures with the new materials;
• stabilization of the existing constructions;
• organization of the complex sequences of demolition, strengthening and new constructions;
• “emptying” of one of the existing buildings while creating new slabs preserving the facades;
• building, from second underground level to ground floor, of a new car ramp;
• remaking of 6 elevator shafts and stairs;
• rebuilding of the roofing of the overhead parts of two buildings;
• realization of, 15×8 m sized , light well in existing slab;
• realization of 18 m single span steel beams;
• constructions of new bearing walls, at first floor, around the building central light well.